Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- This past Monday, the United States officially moved its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- On the day of the controversial embassy move, tens of thousands of Palestinians assembled in protest, with reports of some attempting to cross the Gaza border fence.
- The Israeli army claims that these Palestinian protesters were throwing firebombs and explosive devices at the security fence and at Israeli troops.
- The Israeli Defense Forces opened fire on the protesters, killing nearly 60 protesters and injuring thousands.
- This was the bloodiest day for Palestinians since 2014. The U.S. White House and Israel blame Gaza's ruling Hamas group for the violent protests and argue that Israel has a right to defend its border.