Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- Recently, President Trump and other members of the GOP have pushed for the identity of the Ukraine whistleblower to be revealed to the public. Trump tweeted on Sunday: “The Whistleblower got it sooo wrong that HE must come forward... Reveal the Whistleblower and end the Impeachment Hoax!”
- Most news organizations have withheld the name of the whistleblower, whose complaint about Trump’s call with Ukrainian President Zelensky launched an impeachment inquiry, which will begin public hearings next week.
- However, a supposed name of the whistleblower has been circulating in conservative media outlets, gaining momentum this week.
- On Wednesday, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted a link to a story on the Breitbart website that used the name. He also included the name in his tweet.
- Attorneys for the whistleblower have insisted that their client’s identity must remain protected, stating: “Identifying any suspected name for the whistleblower will place that individual and their family at risk of serious harm.”