Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- On Saturday, President Trump became the first sitting U.S. President to step foot in North Korea.
- He took ten steps into North Korea, before returning back to the Freedom House in the de-militarized zone (DMZ).
- The surprise meeting was allegedly initiated by an impromptu tweet from President Trump, who was in Japan for the G20 summit.
- Initially, Trump stated that he intended to merely conduct a brief handshake. However, he and Kim Jong Un talked for nearly an hour.
- The two leaders agreed to restart negotiations on a nuclear agreement.