Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- The latest chapter in the Star Wars saga, The Last Jedi, opened in theaters on December 15th to universal acclaim from critics.
- However, the movie has turned out to be quite polarizing amongst everyday moviegoers and Star Wars fans, resulting in some backlash towards the film.
- As of Tuesday, Rotten Tomatoes’ score for the movie amongst critics is at 92%; the score amongst the audience is at 52%.
- So far, The Last Jedi has grossed $791.6 million worldwide and $395.6 million in the U.S. It is now the 3rd highest grossing film in the U.S. for 2017, behind Beauty and the Beast ($504 million) and Wonder Woman ($412.5 million).
- The Last Jedi had the highest U.S. weekend opening in 2017 at $220 million, placing it far ahead of the Beauty and the Beast’s box office opening of $174.7 million.