Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- Last night, Jeopardy! champion James Holzhauer’s impressive winning streak finally came to an end when he lost to contestant Emma Boettcher.
- Holzhauer won 32 straight games on Jeopardy! since first appearing on the show in April, and his performance was described as phenomenal. He amassed a total earnings of $2,464,216.
- The end of Holzhauer’s run left him shy of several Jeopardy! all-time records: he fell short of Jeopardy! prodigy Ken Jennings, who won $2,522,700 over a 74-game winning streak in 2004.
- However, Holzhauer did shatter records pertaining to single and five-day winnings. In his 4th episode he broke the previous single-game winnings record, and exceeded it in 16 games following.
- Holzhauer was also notable for his unique style of play. He is a professional sports gambler who employed aggressive tactics to the game: he would select the highest-value clues first, and then hunt down the Daily Doubles. He would usually bet large amounts or all of his accumulated sum on Daily Doubles and the Final Jeopardy! round.