Abridge Newsjust landed in the App Store.
The Quick Facts
- Early Saturday morning, September 14th, two Saudi Arabian sites were attacked by drones and cruise missiles. Both locations are owned by Saudi Aramco, a state-owned oil company.
- The explosions caused major damage, disrupting nearly 5% of the world's global oil production.
- Saudi Arabian officials recently shared remnants of drones and missiles that they identified as Iranian weapons.
- Iran continues to deny its involvement in the attack, and stresses that it will retaliate if it is targeted by the US.
- On Wednesday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called the attack an "act of war" by Iran on Saudi Arabia. President Trump is moving to increase sanctions against Iran, but has not promised military action yet.